Sunday, March 30, 2014

Bachelor Signing Off…

We were done with one of our engineering internals. We came out for dinner. We had dinner and somebody got a brilliant idea of having coffee at Maddur, which is 80 kilo meters away from where we were. Our bikes immediately obeyed the orders and started zipping towards Maddur. From Scooty to Bajaj Pulsar we had all kinds of bikes in all kinds of conditions. We reached Maddur around midnight, had coffee… another crazy idea came to two heads - if we have come all the way till here, why not Mysore? Three bikes were crazy enough to accept the idea and later realized two crazy heads who gave the idea had their girlfriends in Mysore! For the total one way journey of 150 kilo meters; forget about the helmet, we did not even have jackets on us. We originally came out of hostel for dinner! When two of them were busy with girlfriend business, others ate stomach full of Idli and slept in a park. We were riding for 300 kilo meters without jacket in chilling cold conditions of January for no reason!


That was the period of life we were crazy. With whatever little money we had we were livings lives of Kings. Every moment of life had fun and adventure in it. We were content in life with scarcity of everything. There was no fear of future. We just lived the moment we were in. Slept on highway Dabha benches… Plain bun and half tea tasted heaven. There was no touch of luxury to our lives and we never craved for it. We were proudly living the typical bachelor life!

When salary started crediting in my account, I was enjoying different life of bachelor. I had all the money and time I wanted. Coding all night at office… state of nobody will bother about me and I don’t have to bother about anybody at home… Surrounded by friends who were all mostly bachelors, we were still college kids at heart. I enjoyed peaceful Sunday morning jogs… I enjoyed spending entire day with a book… I enjoyed meditation and spiritual part of my life as well... I enjoyed travelling all over the places my job offered me with no commitments back home... I enjoyed my own world to its fullest.


I had my own share of natural magnetic attractions like any other good boy! I felt butterfly in stomach when I saw those girls. Twice or thrice things were almost following the right route of falling in love but deliberately taken off from the track by one of us. I was lazy enough or to be honest not brave enough to handle the complexities involved after being committed. Those are sweet slips which bring smile if I recall them now. I still enjoy the tenderness of those innocent moments!

Even though how much ever happy you are being single and how much ever freedom you enjoy being single; you always miss the completeness in life. Even wait for the person who brings life/love to you is an interesting phase. Someday I will write about the day dreams about dream girl(s). The moment the wait ends and you actually get into it; it is actually much more beautiful that what you have imagined. Did I started defending or consoling myself before getting into what I am getting into?!!!


Am I sad saying good bye to Bachelorhood? Actually I am not! I lived enough of it and things must change. I was never a reckless bachelor and getting married is “hopefully” not applying break to the way I live. Am I scared getting into commitment of married life? Confused! Too much of clarity is not good for life and I have decided to enjoy this confused state as well! Even though we all make cynical comments about getting married… The happiness brought by ‘sense of togetherness’ is unique and I am completely immersed in that wonderful moment now!

I am in a state to ignore every suggestion given by people with experience…. I am ready to discard every warning given by well-wishers… I see happiness everywhere… There is love everywhere… I am doomed… I am not in my sense and there is no point writing anything more. I can’t write anything meaningful in the mesmerizing state I am in! Better I stop and Invite you and your loved ones to my wedding!

Cheers!
Kiran

No comments:

Post a Comment